TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Delegate Terms and Conditions (Forum)
These terms and conditions apply between the person, firm, company or other entity specified on your booking registration form (“you” or “your”) and Nordstrom International Limited, trading as EU-Japan Forum, a company registered in England and Wales under number 08268776 whose registered office is Mutual House, 70 Conduit Street, London, United Kingdom, W1S 2GF (“EU-Japan Forum”) for delegate registrations for the Forum specified on your booking registration form (“Forum”). Please read them carefully as they contain important information. By submitting your registration to attend the Forum (“your registration”) you agree to be bound by these terms to the exclusion of all other terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms EU-Japan Forum will be unable to accept your registration.
1. Your registration is an offer to EU-Japan Forum to attend a Forum which is subject to EU-Japan Forum’s acceptance in writing (which may include (without limitation) email). A binding contract (“Agreement”) between EU-Japan Forum and you will only be formed when written confirmation of acceptance (”Confirmation” or “Confirmed”) is sent by EU-Japan Forum to you (whether or not it is received) using the contact details you provided at the time of registration. You should contact EU-Japan Forum if you have not received Confirmation within 5 days of your registration, but in any event if Confirmation is not sent within 14 days of EU-Japan Forum receiving your registration, your registration will be deemed to be accepted unless EU-Japan Forum notify you otherwise. EU-Japan Forum reserve the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept your registration.
2. You will pay EU-Japan Forum the fees specified in your booking form for the EU-Japan Forum (“your fees”). Payment of your fees must be received in full and in cleared funds by EU-Japan Forum from you in accordance with EU-Japan Forum’s payment terms from time to time in force but in any event not later than 48 hours before the Forum. If payment of your fees in full is not received before the Forum, EU-Japan Forum may (at its sole discretion) either require such payment as a condition of your entry to the Forum or refuse you entry to the Forum. No refunds of any proportion of your fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of your fees will remain due and payable where entry to a Forum, is refused under this Condition 2.
3. All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. All discounts are subject to EU-Japan Forum’s approval. Discounts for group registrations are only valid for the number of delegates specified on your booking form. If the number of delegates that actually attends the Forum is (for any reason) less than the number specified in the your booking form, then EU-Japan Forum may (at its sole discretion) change the fees charged to reflect the number of delegates that actually attend the Forum in line with EU-Japan Forum’s published prices then in force. Any additional sums payable to us as a result shall be paid in line with Condition 2.
4. Prices for each Forum are correct at the time of publication. EU-Japan Forum reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by EU-Japan Forum.
5. It is the intent of the parties that EU-Japan Forum will receive payment of your fees as stated on the invoice including any VAT charged by EU-Japan Forum. Should any other taxes be applicable, including without limitation, sales, VAT, service or withholding taxes (“Taxes”), all of these shall be paid solely by you. If and to the extent that any Taxes are levied upon, or found to be applicable to, the whole or any portion of the payment of your fees, the amount of such payment shall be increased by an amount necessary to compensate for the Taxes (including any amount necessary to “gross up” for Taxes levied on the increase itself).
6. You may cancel your registration in accordance with this Condition 6. All cancellations received 28 days or more before the Forum are subject to an administrative charge of €250 per delegate. EU-Japan Forum regrets that cancellations or bookings received less than 28 days before the Forum cannot be refunded or credited and the full amount of your fee remains payable. All cancellations must be sent by email to email@example.com marked for the attention of Customer Services and must be received by EU-Japan Forum. You acknowledge that the refund of your fees in accordance with Condition 6 is your sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of your registration by you and all other liability is expressly excluded.
7. Substitutions with employees from your organisation are welcome at any time before the Forum start date but in all other respects delegate registrations are issued for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any person during the Forum. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others, or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
8. EU-Japan Forum may (at its sole discretion) change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue location and programme or any other aspect of the Forum at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
9. EU-Japan Forum may (at its sole discretion) change the date or cancel a Forum at any time for any reason. Where EU-Japan Forum changes the date or cancels the Forum for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 10 shall apply) EU-Japan Forum shall offer you the option of attending any rearranged Forum that EU-Japan Forum chooses to organise (acting in its sole discretion). If you promptly notify EU-Japan Forum in writing before the date of the Forum that you do not wish to attend the rearranged Forum or if EU-Japan Forum elects not to rearrange the Forum then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled, at your discretion, to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of your fees received by EU-Japan Forum.
10. Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in EU-Japan Forum’ sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of EU-Japan Forum to hold the Forum at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Forum generally, then EU-Japan Forum shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either: (i) provide alternative facilities or venue for the Forum; and/or (ii) reschedule the Forum. Any of your fees received by EU-Japan Forum shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Forum held pursuant to this Condition 10 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Forum or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If EU-Japan Forum is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Forum pursuant to this Condition 10, then you will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, in your sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of your fees received by EU-Japan Forum, in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 25% per cent of the total amount of your fees (which EU-Japan Forum may (in its sole discretion) either deduct from any refund or credit note or invoice you separately). For the purpose of this Condition 10 “Force Majeure Event” means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of EU-Japan Forum including (without limitation) to speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, industrial dispute, governmental regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of any rearranged or rescheduled Forum organised by EU-Japan Forum pursuant to this Condition 10.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, EU-Japan Forum shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or date change of the Forum howsoever arising or any venue change. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of conditions 9 and 10 set out your sole remedy should the Forum date be changed or cancelled and all other liability of EU-Japan Forum is expressly excluded.
12. EU-Japan Forum may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Forum, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of EU-Japan Forum represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Forum. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by EU-Japan Forum or the venue owners at the Forum.
13. All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, EU-Japan Forum excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Forum; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and (c) all liability for any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). If EU-Japan Forum is liable to you for any reason, EU-Japan Forum’ total liability to you in relation to the Forum (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of your fees received by EU-Japan Forum.
16. If, by reason of any Force Majeure Event, EU-Japan Forum is delayed in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under this Agreement, then such delay or non-performance shall not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement and no loss or damage shall be claimed by you by reason thereof. EU-Japan Forum’ obligations shall be suspended during the period of the delay or non performance and EU-Japan Forum and you shall each use reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event. The provisions of this Condition 16 are subject to the provision of Condition 10.
17. EU-Japan Forum reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
18. No person other than you and EU-Japan Forum shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the “Act”) or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions without the prior written agreement of you and EU-Japan Forum.
19. This Agreement is governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this Condition 19 shall prevent or restrict EU-Japan Forum from pursuing any action against you in any court of competent jurisdiction.
20. Where we agree to provide a translation of this Agreement, the English language text shall prevail to the extent that there is a conflict between the two.
Links to third party sites
There are links on this site to take you to third party websites. EU-Japan Forum is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link within another site.
1. Information we may collect from you
2. Purpose of the collection, processing and use of data
3. Recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data can be disclosed
4. Data security
5. Your rights
EU-Japan Forum (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our systems protect your data in accordance with internationally applicable data protection standards. Personal data is used exclusively for the purposes explicitly stated in these data protection regulations or during later data collection.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1.1 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, requesting, applying for or entering further services (including, but not limited to, a competition or promotion), making an enquiry or reporting a problem. This may include, but is not limited to, information such as your name, address, phone and email address.
1.1.2 In order to improve our communications with you as well as improve our products and services, we may ask you to provide us with additional information about you such as your professional interests and your experiences with us as well as more detailed contact preferences.
1.1.3 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence with all relevant data protection measures applied.
1.1.4 We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
1.1.5 Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
1.1.6 Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access and/or download.
1.1.8 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration.
2. Purpose of the collection, processing or use of data
The purpose of EU-Japan Forum is the promotion of economic activity through the organisation of events. Data is collected, processed, used and stored for the explicit purposes of the company, specifically for handling the relevant business processes and for assuring and improving the quality of our events through:
- providing to you information about current events, forthcoming events, past events, and any products or services related to the events, that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- providing you with opportunities of networking, getting new connections and sharing their experience;
- informing you of the best prices and various promotions relating to our events;
- providing you with opportunities to take part in preparation of our events and related services to make them more customized;
- identifying loyal clients and be able to offer them special conditions and prices;
- providing you with information of new technologies, legislative initiatives etc. to serve your interests in the most effective way;
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
3. Recepients or categories of recepients to whom the data can be disclosed
- Public bodies given the existence of overriding legal regulations.
- CCI Ltd. and its offices.
- According to delegate contract.
- Service providers for event-accompanying services.
In all cases, the forwarding of data is for fulfilment of the purposes stated under Clause 2.
4. DATA SECURITY
4.2 All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
4.3 We do our utmost to protect user privacy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
4.5 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights:
- withdraw your consent for processing your personal data;
- access your personal data and obtain from us the information of the purpose of processing, recepients to whom the personal data is disclosed, the period of storage;
- obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data related to you;
- obtain erasure of your personal data;
- other rights provided by the internationally applicable data protection standards.
Sofie Nordstrom, EventDirector, firstname.lastname@example.org