Below you will find a selection of links to articles and publications, providing you with insights on the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), expected to enter into force by early 2019.
European Commission: "EU and Japan sign Economic Partnership Agreement" July 17, 2018.
New York Times: "E.U. Courts New Partners With Japan Trade Deal" July 17, 2018.
Nikkei Asian Review: "Five things to know about Japan-EU Economic Partnership Agreement" July 17, 2018.
LSE Consulting, Hosuk Lee-Makiyama: "At the Nexus of Trade & Investment", July 2018
Finansicial Times: "EU strikes data deal with Japan with UK looking on" The agreement will create the world's largest open area for trade, 17 July, 2018
New York Times: "The E.U.-Japan Trade Deal: What’s in It and Why It Matters" July 6, 2018. VIDEO available.
Bloomberg BNA: "EU, Japan Aim to Mutually Recognize Data Privacy Regimes in 2018" July 5, 2018.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, MOFA "Japan-EU EPA, Benefits and Backgrounds", July 2018.
- European Commission - Statement, 8 December 2017 'Joint Statement by the President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker and the Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe'
- European Commission - Facts Sheet, 6 July 2017, 'Key elements of the EU-Japan Agreement.'
- Ifo Institute on 'The Economics of an EU-Japan Free Trade Agreement' by Prof. Gabriel Felbermayr, 2017
- Copenhagen Economics, Assessment of barriers to trade and investment between the EU and Japan, 2009
- European Commission - Speech by EU Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström, 11 July 2017, 'The Benefits of an EU-Japan Free Trade Agreement'
- European Commission, The EU-Japan agreement explained
- European Commission - Basic Facts Sheet 'EU-Japan Trade Relationship – Facts and figures'
- European Commission - Regulatory cooperation and non-tariff measures 'An introduction to the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement'
- European Commission - Overview of relevant EPA documents
- European Commission, Trade Sustainability Impact Assessment of the Free Trade Agreement between the European Union and Japan, 2016
Please feel free to contact the organisers, should you wish to obtain more background information on the EPA.